An initiative of
ROSEMARY NYAOLE-KOWUOR, PHD – CHAIRPERSON
is a Senior lecturer and Head of Communication Department at Daystar University, Kenya and a proactive media trainer with practical experience in research, curriculum development, monitoring and evaluation, e-learning course design as well as facilitation and film/media production. A regular member of University Film and Video Association (UFVA), among others, her areas of research include film for social change, media advocacy, blended/e-learning, problem-based learning, programme monitoring and evaluation. She holds a PhD in Film, MA and BA in Communication – Electronic Media and has published book chapters and articles in international and local journals. She has been a Judge for media/film related awards both locally and internationally including the Kalasha Film and Television Awards where she has served in various capacities since its inception in 2009 .
Mr. Manyara holds a Bachelor Degree in BA of Arts (Theatre Arts and Film Technology) and is currently pursuing Master Degree in MA of Arts (Theatre Arts and Film Studies). He is currently the Head of Film Department at Kenya Institute of Mass Communication. He has vast experience in the different departments in the Ministry of Information Communication and Gender and Sports. He has wealth of experience in film projects as sound engineer, scriptwriter, editor, and producer among others including; Saikati 1 and 2; Lumbasi; Mine only; Forgotten; My horn my Dilemma documentary among others. He is the Overall producer of 60 films of all KIMC Film Training students’ productions (Festival materials) produced yearly.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The KALASHA INTERNATIONAL takes place at KICC in Nairobi, Kenya, 26-30 October 2017, which includes Kalasha Trade Fair and conferences, workshops, pitching session, technical & service showcasing 27-29 October 2017, Kalasha Film Festival, 26-30 october 2017, Kalasha Film & TV Awards, 29 October 2017.
• The closing date to register online as a participant is 23 October 2017. Any requests to participate after this date can be made via email to email@example.com
• The closing date to register online as an Exhibitor is 2 October 2017. Any requests to participate after this date can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The deadline for submission of your company profile and contact details, to be included in the Official Kalasha International Directory & Magazine, to be distributed to all attendees, is 30 September 2017. The organizer can therefore not guarantee that company information submitted after this date will be included in the directory.
• Once the Participants registration has been approved, Participants will receive an email of confirmation along with their personal password and ID.
• The personal Participant’s password gives access to the Contacts database on www.kalashainternational.com to assist them in pre-arranging professional meetings during the event.
• The Kalasha International accreditation is free of charge and valid for the entire exhibition area, the conferences, showcasing room and the screening sessions, excluding industry specific workshops, round table and pitching session, that require a separate registration.
is a production expert with more than a decade of trusted experience in floor management, scripting, producing and partner liaison for Africa’s most demanding live action sports and made-for-TV experiences. Even with his contagious energy and relentless zeal, his industry friends know him to be a stickler for time and professionalism. His desire is to see the Kenyan film industry standards constantly elevated and increasingly celebrated across global platforms.
has over 10years experience in TV, Film and Documentary production and has been involved in various work projects with BBC, National Geographic, Ministry Of Agriculture, National Documentaries, Coca Cola, among others. He has a background in electronic media, from Daystar University. A highly creative and dedicated Cinematographer with an excellent record of film production services, Kiama is adept on handling high volumes of simultaneous tasks with ease and accuracy while maintaining cordial and professional relationships with actors and crew directors alike.
is a passionate filmmaker with an insatiable appetite for telling stories. She has a penchant for character driven, authentic entertaining stories. Her first movie was a lead role in Dangerous Affair in 2002. She has worked on renowned foreign films such as The Constant Gardener and most recently the sense 8 TV series. Her repertoire of work has grown to include being one third of the Writers of Kenya’s entry to the Oscars and multi award winning film Nairobi Half Life. She created and was a writer on Changes, an original drama series on Mnet E. Currently she’s working on building a thriving Production house by creating local content with a goal to win an Oscar and tell Kenyan stories to the world through film, television and the web. In 2017 she released the much hyped thriller feature film Kidnapped.
is a visual artist specializing in colour grading, animation, and visual effects forged in the fiery Kenyan film/TV advertising industry. His skills have developed over the past 14 years working in various departments in both production and post-production, before finally settling in specialized post production that lasted 7 years. He currently works at KEYFRAME, a collective of top post production artists across Africa and parts of Asia working on numerous TV Commercials, programs and documentaries in the region.
TIM *TIMWORK* RIMBUI
With a career spanning over 17 yrs, Tim Rimbui is one of the leading music industry professionals in Kenya, with a wealth of local and international awards to his credit. He owns and operates a number of successful music business ventures, including Ennovator Music a boutique Audio-Visual production company based in Nairobi, Kenya whose work has been seen and heard around the world on projects by: Warner Bros, Universal Music Group, BBC, MTV, Endemol Shine Africa, Coke Studio Africa, Ogilvy Africa and has worked with several major celebrities that have leaned on his production prowess such as: Sauti Sol, Wangechi, King Kaka, Khaligraph, Phy, Eric Wainaina, Atemi, Mercy Myra to name but a few.
He is co-founder and CEO of the music streaming and download service, Waabeh.
SYLVESTER MUTUA JAMES
Mutua is currently a Lecturer in communication and Journalism at the United States International University-Africa. He has previously worked as a Lecturer of Communication and Media in the Communication Department of Daystar University, and has lectured in film production and directing at Kenya Institute of Mass Communication. Mutua has also worked with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting as a Film Officer with over 20 years of professional experience in production. His research interest areas are development communication, cultural and media studies in Africa, and Communication ethics.
Mutua is currently a PhD in communication candidate at Daystar University and holds a Masters of Arts degree in Communications from Daystar University.
is the CEO of Fatboy Animations and the man behind Faimba fame. Mike is one of the most sought after men in animations and has worked with Ogilvy, BBC and Disney World on various projects.