An initiative of
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The KALASHA INTERNATIONAL takes place at KICC in Nairobi, Kenya, 16-21 October 2017, which includes Kalasha Trade Fair and conferences, workshops, pitching session, technical & service showcasing 17-19 October 2017, Kalasha Film Festival, 16-21 October 2017, Kalasha Film & TV Awards, 21 October 2017.
• The closing date to register online as a participant is 2 October 2017. Any requests to participate after this date can be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The closing date to register online as an Exhibitor is 9 October 2017. Any requests to participate after this date can be made via email to email@example.com
• The deadline for submission of your company profile and contact details, to be included in the Official Kalasha International Directory & Magazine, to be distributed to all attendees, is 28 September 2017. The organizer can therefore not guarantee that company information submitted after this date will be included in the directory.
• Once the Participants registration has been approved, Participants will receive an email of confirmation along with their personal password and ID.
• The personal Participant’s password gives access to the Contacts database on www.kalashainternational.com to assist them in pre-arranging professional meetings during the event.
• The Kalasha International accreditation is free of charge and valid for the entire exhibition area, the conferences, showcasing room and the screening sessions, excluding industry specific workshops, round table and pitching session, that require a separate registration.
BBC, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, The Ministry of Agriculture, NATIONAL DOCUMENTARIES, COCA COLA, know him to well for having offered them his decade experience in TV, Film and Documentary production. An Alumni of Daystar University with a degree in Electronic Media, he is a creative dedicated Cinematographer who is not only able to maintain cordial and professional relationships with actors crew directors and financial backers (clients) but also adept at handling high volumes of simultaneous tasks with ease and accuracy, exciting right?
Sarah’s first movie was a lead role in Dangerous Affair in 2002.She is not only an actress but also a passionate filmmaker with an insatiable appetite for telling stories. Her amazing goal being to win an Oscar and tell Kenyan stories through film, Television and the web to the world. She worked on sense 8,created and was a writer on Changes, an original drama series on Mnet E and recently wrote and produced the film kidnapped not forgetting her past experience working on the renowned foreign film, The Constant Gardener.
As the second lady in the big 8 panel, she is working on building a thriving Production house by creating local content with her repertoire of work which has grown to include being one third of the Writers of Kenya’s entry to the Oscars and multi award winning film Nairobi Half Life.
Kalasha Awards also celebrates the efforts of post-production producers in Kenya. The only better way to do that is by having the expertise of a super talented visual artist specializing in color grading, animation, and visual effects.
Meet Jim Karuti,he has an expansive 14 years’ experience working in various production departments before finally settling in specialized post production finishing in the last 7 years. He has long believed in having a good time while doing what he loves, with his current home being KEYFRAME collective of top post production artists across Africa and parts of Asia, he certainly loves what he does.
TIM *TIMWORK* RIMBUI
Words can’t describe the impact Tim has on the music industry and entertainment industry at large. He is generally thought of as one of the leading creative professionals in Kenya with a career span of over 17 years. As the CEO of Ennovator Music a boutique Audio-Visual production company he has worked with major Kenyan acts such as ;Sauti Sol, Khaligraph Jones,Eric Wainana among others who have sworn by his production prowess.
This husband, father of two and also one of the brainchildren behind the Music streaming and download service, Waabeh has had his hands work on projects by: Warner Bros, Universal Music Group, BBC, MTV, Endemol Shine Africa, and Coke Studio Africa the list is endless. He is expected to lay down his knowledge in the big 8.
SYLVESTER MUTUA JAMES
With his 20 years efficient knowledge in the Film Industry, Mutua has received this vastly from the best Universities around Kenya. He holds a Diploma in Film Production and Directing from the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication, a Post Graduate Diploma in Education from Kenyatta University, Training for Trainers Certificate (TOT) in Training Methodology from the Kenya Institute of Administration, a Bachelor of Arts (BA Hons.) in Literature in English and Linguistics (Kiswahili) from Kenyatta University, a Masters of Arts degree in Communications from Daystar University, and is currently a PhD in communication candidate at Daystar University.
He promises to bring out the best out of the Kenya Film Industry by sharing his knowledge with young upcoming film enthusiasts. He has already started doing this by a communication and Journalism Lecturer at the United States International University-Africa. The big 8 are excited to have him.
This bubbly production expert promises to bring his trusted experience in floor management, scripting, producing and partner liaison that dates back to more than a decade ago. Martin’s contagious energy and relentless zeal has seen him handle Africa’s most demanding live action sports and made-for-TV experiences like never before.
He is known by his industry friends as a gentleman and a stickler for time and professionalism. He fits perfectly in the big 8 because his desires to see the Kenyan film industry standards constantly elevated and increasingly celebrated across global platforms.